Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hibiscus

It's been 2 months since I last updated...not that I have not left the house, but I kept forgetting to document my gastronomic experiences! :) Anyhow, it was time to celebrate - again. Yes, I have all the reasons to celebrate every mini milestone that I have achieved. So my dear wonderful sibling took me to this restaurant rated No. 2 in Bay Area - Hibiscus, creole Caribbean style cuisine.


Photobucket

Callaloo cooked in coconut milk. Tastes just like the Daun manis lemak. Love it, tastes just like home cooking.

Photobucket

Grilled Plantain. (Scratching your head?) It's a kind of grilled banana, trust me, it's really awesome and it's garnished with garlic and parsley!!


Photobucket

Jerk Chicken. (You must laughing) Yes, it's Jerk Chicken, only because it uses a kind of spice called Jerk. This is really spicy, I can barely stomach it, but I'm sure for those who love chicken dishes, you'll love this!

Photobucket

I was craving for crab, so I ordered the Crab grit. Well, it was a little disappointing, can you spot the crab meat? Yup, that was the only crab meat I got!

Photobucket

And the restaurant's famous Miss Ollies Fried Chicken. It's cooked like any other fried chicken but the special thing is that it is dressed in Giblet gravy and had Boniato Puree (a kind of sweet potato).

Verdict? I would come again, if I have friends who would want to try Creole Carribean food.

No comments: