Thursday, January 10, 2013

San Diego I

Happy as a bird, I flew to San Diego to spend sometime with loved ones before heading back to work.

  Photobucket

Photobucket

The weather was so beautiful, we walked to the pier and took some photos at the Embarcadero. At the Embarcadero they parked a variety of old and new ships, boats, and yachts. That's a submarine by the way. 

Photobucket

With the day pass we took the bus to places that time permits. We didn't have a lot of time but we chose to visit the Balboa park. This place is huge and very beautiful. The park is 1,200 acre and there are plenty of museums, galleries, events, exhibitions to look at but time limited us to just briefly walk around the park and took the free tram train to go around the park.

With the limited time, I really wanted to go to Sea World, and I had only 5 hours! 

Photobucket

First show of the day - dolphins and pilot whale.

Photobucket

The animals were beautiful, their performances were amazing but it wasn't as exciting as I remembered when I visited eon years ago. I wonder if it had anything to do with the accident that they had years before that resulted in the death of a trainer? No more stunts that involve trainers swimming with the animal.

Photobucket

Shamu is a must see, but no trainer -whale partners in the same tank in the show!

Photobucket

There were many things and animals to see in Sea World, but I only wanted to see a few of them and one of them is the manta ray, which you can feed it if you dare. Of course I didn't, but I love watching them gliding in the water.

Photobucket

My main reason to revisit Sea World is to see the arctic animals. Isn't the beluga whale magnificent?

Photobucket

My favorite!  The pola bear, which was busy taking a nap on a Xmas tree! Isn't he adorable or isn't she? I'm not sure :)

No trip is complete without a post on good food, but that'll have to be in the next post. :)

No comments: