Sunday, July 21, 2013

City Eats Part 1: Mission Beach Cafe

I realized that I haven't been spending enough time in the city lately. So I've set a goal, that is to eat at at least 3 top rated restaurants in the city before the year ends. And who knew, suddenly I have 3 reservations within 1 month to eat in the city.  *How exciting*

Restaurant 1 : Mission Beach Cafe 

This cute little restaurant is highly reviewed and based on the photos we saw online the food looked absolutely delicious. I had a long day at work, and had completely forgotten about my camera before I left the house so I had to use my phone to capture this beautifully plated grilled summer squash and broccolini. They change the menu often and in a state of famished, I don't really remembered what I ordered exactly. All I know was I was eating amazingly sweet grilled vegetables with humus.


 photo mbc-3_zps80f9e512.jpg


 photo mbc-2_zps7e0d8fb6.jpg

The menu was small, and what stood out for me was the pork chop so I had to try it. We ordered medium well and when it came out, it looked a tad well done. We were worried that the meat would be overcooked but no, it was so tender and juicy. It was so yummy and I had the urge to clean the bone but was too embarrassed to do so. Did you notice the strawberry/fig? How they sliced it and stacked it up alternately? The green was cream of kale with some sort of grains and caramelized onions. Yumm.. my favorite.

The food was indeed amazing. The plating was beautiful and what we noticed was not one plate was plated the same. Every plate was unique. I had a really great time and enjoyed the food tremendously. I can't wait to come again to try out their other dishes, since we also skipped dessert this time because we were very full.

What the reviewers hadn't said was parking is awful. I couldn't find a parking spot for almost an hour. How ridiculous is that? I was driving and I couldn't stop to Google for a nearby parking garage and every spot that I saw was not mine to take. Finally on the verge of giving up, there was this beautiful spot right next to me without me noticing it. I was so thankful that finally, I found a spot. I can't wait for my next restaurant next week!  Yippeee....


No comments: