Saturday, January 25, 2014

From Portland to Seattle

Every year we go somewhere new (for me that is) for Thanksgiving. I've never been to Seattle and I was dying to visit the lovely place via Portland. Unfortunately, I had a mild food poisoning on my first night in Portland. I was unable to feast on the uber delicious local flavors but I was able to capture some of my favorite spots.

    photo portland_zpse0ad81b3.jpg

How quaint.

 photo littlebird_zpsb97f4291.jpg

Little Bird, my first lunch in Portland. This meal is so affordable, a prefix menu is only at $25 and the portion is good for 2. It was so yummy, I had soup of the day, a daily special and some desserts. They change their menu often, and I can't remember what I had. It's crazy that it came up to only $53 with all the food that we had and tax free!

 photo andina_zps4a68d4dd.jpg

Andina, beautiful ambience, beautiful live music and yummy peruvian food. The scallop was amazingly yummy, I was very inspired to learn to cook my own scallops. (*Note to self: Must learn to cook scallop.)

 photo voodoo_zpsaf5bed94.jpg

Voodoo Donut, another spot that made famous by Food Network. There was a line even at 9pm but the  service was fast and they're relatively cheap considering, even the most expensive item is not more than $3. Our box of 3 items came up to around $5.

The next day, we drove to Seattle and ventured into Pike's Place and the public market.

 photo gumwall_zpsb2f86c5d.jpg

The wall is filled with graffiti and gums!

 photo publicmarket_zpse6beb76c.jpg

I love the public market at Pike's place, there are so many things to see. Apparently the food was also very yummy, but all I could digest was only graham crackers and bananas :(

 photo publicmarket2_zps2bd75b9f.jpg

The public market was deserted because it was Thanksgiving day.

 photo publicmarket5_zpsfbe9cc1e.jpg

The next day, it was all business again. Cheap seafood! 

 photo publicmarket4_zps9302889a.jpg

Oh beautiful flowers like this starts at only $10!

 photo IMG_6630_zps28ad9955.jpg

These are slightly more expensive, almost $20 a bunch.

 photo publicmarket8_zps0e81618f.jpg

More fresh seafood!

 photo publicmarket6_zps2b651df8.jpg

Of course, not to be missed clam chowder and seafood chowder. 

 photo publicmarket7_zpsa78b618f.jpg

I love the colors and the fresh produce at this public market.

 photo publicmarket3_zps95fdeeae.jpg

One of the many pig bronze statues scattered around the public market.

 photo starbucks_zpse0d1ced1.jpg

And of course, not to be missed, the very first Starbucks.

 photo spaceneedle_zps3405bc9c.jpg

I can't wait to visit Seattle again!

No comments: