Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Birthday ML!

The weather finally turned better and what could be better than to sit outside, have brunch and to celebrate a friend's birthday? So for her birthday brunch, the birthday girl requested The Front Porch.

Photobucket

While waiting for the guests to arrive, we ordered some beignets to start with. What are beignets? They're kinda like donuts sprinkled with confectionary sugar, but I believe that the beignets we had had banana in it. My, it was really good, it wasn't too oily and not too sweet. I can pop 2 or 3 of these anytime with coffee! Only that I was saving space for the main course!

Photobucket

Our party ordered the chicken waffle, fried oysters po'boys, spicy shrimp and grits, and the ever mysterious vegan lunch. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of deep fried chicken, but when you eat creole food, you MUST try their deep fried chicken, it's their specialty. For a person who doesn't like fried chicken, I really liked it. I don't know what they marinate the chicken in but it's very flavorful, it'll be a sin to eat it with ketchup! Even the waffle tastes different. Either they served us red potato waffle if not they must've used some of the chicken marinate in the waffles *haha*.

Verdict? Thums up!! I would definitely bring you here if you want to! :)


No comments: