Thursday, May 30, 2013

Beijing's Hidden Gem I

When one is in doubt where to eat, one should refer to the... Time Out magazine! I have to admit, it's such a touristy thing to do, to refer to a Time Out magazine to look for eating places in a city filled with such a vast array of food. Especially when we were going towards Nan Luo Gu Xiang. It's blocks after blocks of streets and alleys filled with quaint bars, galleries, trinket shops, souvenirs, food joints and etc. That is precisely why it is interesting to find out what the foreigners are recommending the tourists to try out. Every stalls, be it drinks, desserts, or Beijing yogurt, that were somewhat famous or highly recommended by the locals were packed with crowds. But who knew tucked in a small alley, is this Korean restaurants that uses only organic produces and ingredients.

 photo bimbimbap_zpscbd7f15a.jpg

Ah, what can I say, we always order our favorite - Bibimbap.

 photo japchae_zpsefb43923.jpg

Not forgetting japchae.

 photo jinseng_zps4151e6bd.jpg

And..............the star of the meal! Ginseng cage free organic chicken! I know it's crazy to be eating chicken amidst the bird flu but but but....this is really really good. Enough ginseng flavor and the chicken, so tender and sweet. I enjoy meat and I like my meat to be cooked and tasted right! I don't know why I was craving for Gingseng Chicken for the longest time when I heard we were going to eat Korean, my mind was set on this and it sure hit the spot. Ah...that warm and fuzzy feeling inside.


No comments: