Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hong Kong

The first quarter of 2013 had been an eventful one for me, I desperately needed a break to recuperate. Hence, I took a 3 week vacation to the Big Mainland.


   photo hkdimsum_zpsb32802ed.jpg
Where do you get the best dim sum? Hong Kong of course! I went to this local joint and had their daily specials. Do you know that if you look carefully in the menu, there is such a thing as the 1+1 specials. If you didn't notice that little slip, you would probably end up paying for every item. With the 1+1, you pay only half. The dimsum may look the same, but seriously, they tasted different! It's so fresh and flavorful that they melt in your mouth. My most unforgettable item being the steamed brisket with preserved vege. Even the rice tasted so good and the briskets so tender, they melted in my mouth.

 photo xdj_zps7fb6be5a.jpg

My family said, when we're in Hong Kong, we must have one of Hong Kong's best roasted suckling pig. San Dao Kei not only is famous for their wonderful meals but also their unique rooster motived cutleries. 

 photo xdj2_zps35e5e80f.jpg

The skin is not only CCCCCRISPY but also not greasy at all! *crunch crunch crunch* The meat was not only tender but it's buttery. Apparently, I heard they removed all the fat between the meat and the skin. So, you don't have to feel guilty when you it this! *chuckles* 

 photo xdj3_zps050609a9.jpg

And of course, the rest of the dishes that we ordered for a table of 14. Deep fried calamari *triple thumbs up*, braised pork knuckles, seafood, vegetables, and many other dishes which I forgot their wonderful names. :)

 photo crystaljade_zpsd34290d8.jpg

For those of you who travels around Asia much, you may have heard of Crystal Jade Palace. However, according to many friends and family, this particular branch of Crystal Jade Palace in Shatin is the best. One of their must try, apart from noodles and Xiao Long Bao is the sweet and sour pine nut fish. Haha...we sure do love sweet and sour sauce! I also love their cold noodle in sesame sauce. Even the fried rice (which is not shown here), was also one of the best fried rice we have ever tried! Yuummmsss.....

So, what else did I do in HK besides eating? A little sightseeing here and there and most important of all, after a streak of incidents, I needed some "reassurance", so I visited Wong Tai Xin. It was early in the morning and it was already packed with tourists. I'm sure many asked for fortune amongst other things, I on the other hand, asked for..... (now why would I tell you? :P)

 photo hdx_zpse43b060a.jpg 



No comments: