Monday, August 3, 2009

Breakfasts in Boston

Less than 24 hours after I've landed, still heavily jetlagged, we flew to Boston for the weekend. We reached Boston about 9am, first thing first - BREAKFAST at Neighbourhood Restaurant & Bakery. This place has over 20 house specialties for omelette, waffles, frensh toasts and what not. The menu is 6 double-paged (12 pages) long!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cream of wheat - tastes like sago in coconut milk with porridge like texture and  sprinkles of cinnamon powder. Very good but a tad too sweet for me.

Photobucket

It was too early for meat and cheese, so I opted for the vege omelette, it was really good....I love the vegetables and mushrooms in it. Though it looked big but I finished it! Muahahaa.... yes, I'm a glut.

Photobucket

My friend ordered the famous Corned Beef Hash...Yumm....and what else? OJ, Coffee and toasts definitely. I just woke up from the 6 hours flight, right after breakfast, I feel like going back to bed again :)

The next day, we went to Ball Square Cafe for breakfast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Big breakfast big breakfast! I want my big breakfast I was craving for it for the longest time. So I ordered the Our Favourite Plus - pork sausages, home fries, scramble eggs and English muffins.. Oh ho ho... oh boy oh boy, I was a happy camper right after breakfast, really glad I added the pork sausages! :)

Photobucket

Fresh Fruit With Homemade Granola and Yogurt.

Photobucket

Caramelized Banana and Strawberry French Toast.

After 2 days, before we left Boston, we popped back into Ball Square Cafe for the last round!

Photobucket

This time I ordered the Florentino Eggs Benedict - fresh baby spinach, tomato and poached eggs topped with homemade Hollandaise sauce....MmmMmm-Mm. *Thumbs up*

Photobucket

Sweet Pepper and Corn Beef Hash.

Photobucket

Fresh Fruit Bowl with Yogurt.

Don't you wish you were here with me? ;) 


No comments: