Saturday, August 15, 2009

Yahoooooo! Kahoo....

There's 2 things I've been trying to avoid - meat & spicy food.
Ya right. Been saying that for years and I still couldn't stop.

So over the weekend, we went to visit Datuk and Datin - The Ramen Connoisseur.
They took us to their favourite ramen spot in San Jose - Kahoo.
Like any other good ramen place, this place is small, and serves only ramen, there's not much non ramen choices but they do have some mini rice bowl set.

I'm usually very finicky when I try out a new place, but this time, somehow, when I looked at the menu, that particular ramen was calling out to me. I see nothing but that line on the menu :
"Spicy ramen comes with mince pork, egg, bean sprouts, leeks and menma". (Note : menma = bamboo shoots). 

Datuk and Datin also highly recommend the "fresh wasabi, bamboo shoots, egg" mini rice bowl set. Within 5 minutes the food came. 

Tada!

Photobucket

This is my spicy ramen, I love the flavour of the minced meat and to my pleasant surprise - the ramen! It's thin ramen, it's the first time I've ever had thin ramen and it's so much nicer slurping this ramen instead of slurping the normal ramen. Spicy? Quite. Datuk gave me a piece tissue before the noodle came and he said I'll be needing it, he was right. But the spicy ramen tastes really really good. Best ever if you eat it during winter. *Aaaah....*

Photobucket
Shio Ramen : Salt based soup with chasu pork.

Photobucket
Kotteri Miso Ramen. Really good fatty pork with a slight spicy miso soup.

Photobucket
And this? This is the fresh wasabi, bamboo shoots, egg mini rice bowl set. It's not as 'spicy' as the usual wasabi and the combination  of rice, fresh wasabi sauce and sesame oil makes the flavour very refreshing and I'd probably order this instead of a bowl of ramen when I go again the next round. Frankly speaking, the bowl of ramen is way too big for me, why don't they serve kids' size?

And what's after a full full meal? Wii TIME!

Photobucket
I love this Rayman Raving Crazy Rabbit!!! The games are so hilarious! Kudos to the creator. Hahaha....

What a great way to spend the Saturday afternoon.... :)



No comments: