Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Fat Camp 2010 - Destination IV: KL

YS: Eh, where do you wanna go?
Me: Anywhere lah, just take me to your favourite joint.
YS: Erm, there's this place at Damansara Heights, good bread and coffee.
Me: Sure, let's check it out.
IY: Eh, you just came back from the States right? Takan you still wanna eat bread ar?
Me: It's oklah, what matters is not where but who I'm with mah....

So off we headed to The Bread Shop @ Damansara Heights.
I didn't think I would have time to go KL to spend some time with my Coffee kakis. So when I did, I was very excited, I missed my old friends dearly.

Photobucket

YS said the place has a really good bread pudding thingy but it doesn't come out until 12.30pm. Perfect. Since I was really full from breakfast, they ate, drank coffee and waited until this bread pudding thingy came out. Hahaaa....so IY thinks that since I've been away, I should be either tired of bread or tasted much better bread abroad, but I was really surprised with how tasty this little thingy tasted and I finished it all by myself. It was like pastry puff on top and bread custard at the bottom. :p It was sure yummy!

Photobucket

Being deprived of the time to hang out with each other the past year, we continued our coffee session to YS's next favourite joint - Fat Spoon Cafe @ Uptown.

The interior of this cafe is pretty cool. They decorated the place with all the old and ratan furniture from the early 50s-70s. It feels like going back to our grandparent's place for coffee or tea. YS wanted to try the Pohpiah and they serve it in such a way that you can roll it yourself.

So here's YS busy making the popiah and IY cutting it. :) Such an honor to be able to eat the popiah made by YS & IY. Haha...

Photobucket

I love my friends, they're the loveliest bunch!

1 comment:

hocus said...

Honored leh??? Popiah made with love.. sure nice. :)