Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Fat Camp 2010 - Destination III

It didn't take long for me to decide where I should go next - Lion City. Reason being? My beloved friends of course! What's better than to meet up with old friends that feels like family. After a long trip away from home, I truly felt blessed to have my gregarious and generous hosts picking me up from the airport and spoils me with the best food in town. All in the name of pre-celebrating my birthday! See, these are the kind of friends we all should have. I felt truly blessed.

1st stop: Rider's Cafe

Photobucket

This cafe is tucked deeply in the luscious green Bukit Timah Saddle Club. As we drove into the parking lot, I thought the place was too posh for breakfast (based on the luxury cars parked in the lot), I felt a little guilty when my hostess insisted on treating me the whole trip I was there. But surprisingly, the food was really affordable and our bill came up to not more than S$40.

After getting used to the American portions, I thought my omelette was a tad too small, but I could barely finish my food and it was just nice. As I thought I was too full for lunch, my hostess took me to another favourite Japanese restaurant of hers Ootoya at Orchard Central.

Photobucket

One thing I like about Singapore is you don't have to pay through your nose for a good meal. A meal like this would probably costs more than double at home. The scallop rice was yummy, the salad is wonderful and even the pork tastes really good. But my favourite is the dessert! Green tea ice-cream served with caramel custard, red bean and banana. Yummylicious!

After lunch, I could barely eat dinner, so we skipped. The next day, she took me to this Dim Sum place which I forgot the name, but it's so old school that it reminded me of old Hong Kong. Look at the red chairs and red lantern hung all over the restaurant. There's not much we can order for 2 person, so we ordered some of our favourites: chee cheong fun, pork ribs, 'phoenix claw', har kao, char siew pow and egg tart. It was really good, it was really the authentic dimsum that I've been craving for and it really hit the spot! So I was a real happy camper that day. :)

Photobucket

After breakfast, I headed towards my 4th destination- Home.

No comments: