Monday, March 16, 2009

JUMP!

Over the weekend, I jumped 17 times into the sea, saw 3 whale shark's fin on the water surface and swam over 2 hours with them (collectively). How was it? Oh, it was definitely a very surreal experience, feels like as if you were flying in the water but when you see the whale shark about to bumped into you, you wish you could just jump out of the water straight away - well that's how I felt, I know some people actually wished that they could ride on the gentle giants!

It was quite stressful in the beginning when the guide told you to get ready and before you know it, he said, ' NOW! NOW! NOW! JUMP!'. Then you have to jump into the water before the whale sharks swim away. Sometimes when the guide is really good, the moment you jump into the water, you see the gentle giant head on. Oh my, many times I swerved right away as fast as I could but the guide always pull me closer to it and laughed.

But when you get to actually swim side by side with the whale shark, your whole world seems to quiet down and you're in a surreally calm atmosphere, watching the giant fish swimming next to you or underneath you, until they come too close to you or you have a collision with a fellow blind snorkeler. Haha... =) But this is definitely a once in a life time must do experience!

Photobucket
Thanks NLC for the photo!

No comments: