Monday, March 16, 2009

Legazpi

After a fruitful 2 days of swimming with the whale sharks we went to spend a night at Legazpi.
The main attraction would be Mount Mayon or Mayon Volcano.

"The most destructive eruption of Mayon occurred on February 1, 1814. Bombarding the town with tephra that buried the town of Cagsawa—only the bell tower of the town's church remained above the new surface."

After the eruption in 1814, the Daraga Church was built on top of the mountain and is now the country's historical treasures.

We were totally overwhelmed by the beauty and the weather, we just couldn't help ourselves. =)

Photobucket
Thanks NLC and GGA for the photos!
Dear flying friends, I had so much fun! Thanks for the great last weekend!

Photobucket

This is the best Filipino breakfast I've ever had.
Really, I'm not a fish person but this Tilapia is so fresh and well fried and the almost non existence bone almost made me lick my plate clean! My father will definitely be proud of me. =)

No comments: